Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentines Smalentines

I've been trying to figure out what exactly I should blog about the past couple of days..
So I decided that I would like to tell you a few reasons why I've never ever ever in my life have had a good valentines. (I'm not kidding.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm ALL for Valentines & I always went above and beyond with sentimental gifts. I still love the holiday & love to celebrate. My parents always make it special too because they know I haven't had the best experiences.... Let's just say, I've never even been given a box of chocolates. Really.....

Okay so anyways, in 7th grade I had my first boyfriend. We obviously only dated three weeks in the beginning of the school year. So Valentines rolls around. We're still friends, considering we had at least 3 classes together. He had this cute little necklace that he had hid in a Chester Cheeto container. Real heart throb, I tell ya. Well too bad I only got it because the FIRST girl he asked to be his Valentine said no & I was his backup plan......... Let's just say I put the necklace on my dog right before she went outside.. I wasn't thinking & lost the necklace. 

It just went downhill from there. Last year, my ex boyfriend didn't get me anything.. Which was fine, I promise I'm not materialistic. But c'mon, it's Valentines. Even a card would be wonderful. Just a card. I'm that simple. He waited until Valentines Day, February 14th, with me IN THE STORE & bought a card with me in the store.. At the time, I thought it was funny but in all reality Valentines Day is the same exact day every year. There's plenty of time to prepare. Even if it's going to the store the night before. 

Oh well. There's plenty more stories but I thought I would give you the juicy ones. 

This year was a little different. I had a hot date! 
Okay, okay he was a three month old that I was babysitting but I think it counts!! 
I also was a third wheel as I joined in on my friends date.. I was DD so I think it's okay. But we definitely got some weird looks from literally all the couples in the restaurant. 
It's okay though, because I am surrounded by wonderful friends & family. 
I know one day, I will have an incredible Valentines Day & until then, I'll take what I can get! 


No comments:

Post a Comment